Monday, July 8, 2013

No Writer Is An Island

Duck On The Water, Heritage Park, Cerritos California



If there's anything I have learned these few days since uploading my books onto Amazon.com, it's that I am part of a community. I am not alone in this universe.

My parents have emailed everyone they know: family, friends, maybe even the billing department at Southern California Edison. I don't have regular interactions with most of these people, even the ones I'm related to. It's a humbling circumstance to hear congratulations and other positive feedback from loved ones, even more from pseudo-strangers I respect.

And my HUSBAND! I loved the man before, but wow! He's been the anchor of my network for a long time socially, but again, wow! I want to marry him all over again, except we can't afford to.

My good friend and editor has gone above and beyond the call of duty with support. She was the one who made me think I could do this anyway. So OMG! (sorry, I had a girly-girly moment there. I'll get better soon)

And all the wonderful, wonderful people at Write On Edge. I am speechless. Truly.

I don't know what to say, except that I appreciate you all. I love you all. And a giant thank you to everyone who took the time to investigate my book, and a more gianter (yes I know that's not a word) thank you to everyone who has purchased the books so far, or who are planning to in the future. There are a lot of wonderful authors out there, and a great many worthwhile books to read, I'm glad my books have room on your shelves.

I don't think the butterflies in my stomach will ever disappear. You have all been so DAMNED PERFECT!

Shel

2 comments:

  1. Girl, rock ON with your book. We will love it and hug it and call it Henry (hee), because you are one of ours!

    Love and congrats!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! And a special thank you to you Cameron. Your patience and advice and friendship and well, everything.

      Love ya back!
      Shel

      Delete