Friday, November 15, 2013

The Best Laid Plans...

I apologize for radio silence.

I wish I could say it was because I've been so deep in NaNoWriMo, that I didn't know what day it was.

Unfortunately, I had a slight mishap.

Remember, remember the 5th of November
Gunpowder. Treason. And Plot
I see no reason the Gunpowder Treason
Ought ever be forgot

Well, for me it was the 8th of November, the day to remember when my husband was late to an appointment and rushed to leave. I was in another room and I heard a crash followed by a stream of my husband's obscenities. In his haste, he knocked my computer off of its perch and the action caused the prong of the power cord to bend. 

So, my laptop was fine, thank God, but I had no way of recharging spent power. 

My husband still looks at me with guilty eyes and showers me with apologies, even after a replacement cord was ordered and delivered today. 

But accidents are just as they seem. And if I had taken the extra few moments that 8th of November, to ensure that my laptop was put away before I stepped from its side for a bite to eat, it would not have been there for my husband to collide with.

So you see, owing blame where blame is due, I look upon him with guilt as well. For he feels guilty for something that is not his fault, and I feel guilty that he feels guilty...

And now it is ten days later and I am well behind in my word count for NaNoWriMo. 

Last year, however, I was even further behind and I still managed to cross the finish line, and I didn't have so fine an excuse as I have this year.

So, in my next NaNoWriMo Journal entry, I will hopefully have a more substantial update for you. 


No comments:

Post a Comment