Monday, May 28, 2012

Memorial Day

Those of you cut down before we could bring you home
Those of you who bled, whether by choice or by force
Those of you who faced horrors and holocausts
Those of you who made the ultimate sacrifice that the idea of freedom might endure

We the People owe you a debt that can never be repaid, but may We endeavor always to try

I do not know all your names, your stories, but I love you still
I survive you but I will not forget
I remember you faithfully, daily, devoted as a daughter, a sister, a mother, a lover, a friend
I will defend your memory from all predators, foreign and domestic



And we therefore commit our fallen to the deep, in the sure and certain hope of the resurrection unto eternal life, when grave and sea shall give up their dead in the life of the world to come. 


No comments:

Post a Comment