Friday, November 1, 2013

NaNoWriMo: Day One

Yes, I'm participating in the craziness of National Novel Writing Month. The 30 days of November were created for just one thing: 50k words.

No tricks, no weapons. Skill against skill alone.

Sorry, I just channeled The Princess Bride there.

50k in 30 days equals about 1667 words a day. Today, I've logged in with 1627. So I'm 40 words behind. At this rate, I'll finish 50k on December 1st.

If you want to see what I'm up to, check out www.nanowrimo.org.

This year, I'm tackling the sequel to The Trouble With Henry. Tentatively titled The Cold Side of Trouble, this installment will hopefully be packed full of suspense and snarky humor.

If nothing else, I'm going on a roller coaster ride this month, and my intent is to cross the finish line with a workable 1st draft. Now, November is also a busy month for me, and I'm already starting with a bit behind the eight ball. I'm working the Renaissance Faire in Escondido, California this weekend, and I'm staying at my in-laws, so I'll have to squeeze the next 3370 words between faire, travel, and visiting with family.

Nothing like burning the candle at both ends. Please forgive me if I'm radio silent for the next few days. I'm going to try to keep you updated with my progress, not to pester you or brag or anything. If I make a commitment to keeping you in the loop, then I'm more apt to keep typing words until I cross the finish line.

So cheers! I'm off to bed now. It'll probably be the last sleep I get for the month, so I plan on making the most of it.

Shel


No comments:

Post a Comment